Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bob's Ski trip to Breckenridge, Colorado

For the first time since this blog was created, Lisa's wonderful husband (that's me!) is going to make a post. This past weekend, to Lisa's jealous displeasure, I had the privilege of traveling to Breckenridge, Colorado for a dual bachelor ski party. My good friend Kurt got married in Seoul, Korea this past September and was not able to have a bachelor party. Another good friend of mine, Steve is getting married this May. Kurt and Steve are the best of friends, so it only made sense to combine their once in a lifetime experiences. They wanted to do something out of the ordinary so they decided to go skiing. I had never been skiing before, but it was something that I always wanted to try. So, the weekend before the party I hit the hills at a local ski resort and loved every minute of it. I luckily caught on quick and mastered the local hills. We flew into Denver, CO on Friday and drove directly to Keystone for some night skiing. Most people thought I was crazy for having night skiing in Colorado be my 2nd time skiing. I probably was crazy, but I was not going to go to Colorado and not experience everything to it fullest extent. It was dark, cold and windy in Keystone, but it was absolutely amazing. I skied my ass off until 8:30 p.m. when they stopped running the lifts. That was probably not a good idea. For those that have never been to locations with a higher altitude, there is this thing called altitude sickness and it sucks. After skiing Friday night, I was so light-headed and dizzy that I had someone else drive to Breckenridge where we were staying and then I passed out at 10:00 p.m. Luckily I woke up Saturday feeling much better and did not suffer those symptoms again. We spent all day Saturday skiing Breckenridge, CO. I spent the entire day skiing the intermediate and advanced intermediate trails. After skiing I then spent the next couple of hours in a hut tub puffing on stogies and drinking beer. It was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, I was not able to go skiing on Sunday and had to wake up and drive back to the Denver airport. That ended my ski trip. I think I am now addicted to skiing and welcome any and all invitations to go. If Steve and Kurt are reading this, Thanks for planning an awesome bachelor party.

Me, Dan, Scott and Jason near the top of the lift for Peak 8.



Me getting ready to ski down one of the advanced intermediate trails.


Me riding up one of the Peak 8 lifts.


The beginning of the day on Saturday.


One of the trails on Peak 8.


The restaurant in the middle of Peak 8.









The outside of the amazing house at which we stayed.



The game room in the house.



The kitchen looking into the dining room and the great room.




The kitchen.



Kitchen again.


The great room. The stone fireplace went all the way up to the second story vaulted ceiling and there were discussions about climbing the fireplace. Luckily the discussions did not turn to actions.



2 comments:

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

Bob...great first post! I love Breckenridge. My fam has been there a few times and it's top of our list! If Lisa is up for it...lets plan a trip! Mike and I love to ski spring break!!!!

lisa said...

Kristin - It's Bob logged in under Lisa. Skiing is so addictive. With us going to Vegas in 2 weeks and then going to St. Pete Beach in April/May, I don't know if we could pull off another trip. With that said, we will always listen to opportunities. If not this year, then in the future, it would be great to plan a trip. I know we would be all for it.