Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cincinnati trip 2011

We just got back from another great trip visiting our friends Kristin and Mike in Cincinnati. It was even more special this year because we got to meet this beautiful little girl!!!

Brynleigh is such a cute little baby and I am so happy for my friend to have her little daughter!
We pretty much had the perfect trip. My friends are so nice to give up their weekend and host us like this (of course we do the same for them). But with busy lives, with 2 kids (one being a newborn), it sure is not easy. The kids get along so well and had fun during their sleepovers and it is so nice to have adult time with great friends as if we were just together the day before. Kris and I have been friends for almost 20 years now and I am so thankful to have her in my life and be apart of each other families (same goes for all my bff's)!
Saturday was great. We laid low in the am, Kris and I went for a run and then we spent a few hours at their neighborhood pool. It was perfect.

Sunday was even better! We spent about 4.5 hours in the afternoon at Kings Island water park (only about 10 minutes from their house). The hit of the day was the water slides for sure.
This water slide was HUGE. I was shocked when we walked up to it and saw that you only needed to be 40 inches tall to go on it. So, we went for it. Addison was really excited and Lucas was not so sure. There were 4 lanes and me, Bob and the kids all went down at the same time. It was fun but boy was I shocked at how scary it could be for a little kid. I didn't even get to enjoy it much because the whole way down I was thinking..."how are my babies riding down this water slide all by themselves." But they made it down fine and Addison loved it and went again and Lucas' one ride down was enough for him.
After the water park, we went back to Kris' for a quick rest and came back a little later for the 2nd part of our amusement park fun (another 4.5 hours).
Getting ready to take Addison and Lucas on their first roller coaster ride.


They loved the bumper cars and did so well!
Good buddies getting ready to ride another coaster together.
I think Ty likes Addison!!!
Me and Kris.
Another fun ride.
Kris, Mike and Tyler had to leave a little before us to go get Bryn from grandmas but me, Bob and the kids enjoyed every last minute and stayed till the park closed. It was a great day!!!

No comments: