Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Loving Linda!

Last Saturday was a really great day. Not only was the weather amazing, but we were part of an amazing 5k walk/run event for the Young Women's Breast Cancer Program. I put together a team of 12, "Loving Linda," to honor my amazing sister-in-law, Linda, who is a breast cancer survivor at the young age of 34. It has been a rough couple of months but the end of the battle is in sight and she is going to be fine. Bob's aunt Liz is also a survivor and was there to support the team.
The team!
Breast cancer survivors.....Liz and Linda!
Bob and Bill.
It was Bill's first 5K....can you tell how excited he is about it. But really, he did great. Bob had an amazing race. He placed 2nd overall with a time of 21 minutes (that is a 6:50 mile pace). Impressive huh!!!
Bill and Linda after the race.
Me with my brave and strong sister-in-law. I love you Linda!
Our team name on one of the banners.

2 comments:

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

what a sweet thing to do for Linda. I pray for her all the time. You are such a good person, my bff! xoxo

Charlotte Mae said...

Go girls!!! Linda is one strong lady! I'm so glad that it was such a beautiful day.