Monday, August 13, 2012

Some other summer moments.

Summer break is officially over. :( The kids start school tomorrow. Addison will be gone full day for the 1st time as she starts first grade. Lucas will be in afternoon kindergarten. To close off the summer....here are some pics that I didn't have a chance to blog about.


A few weeks ago we went to the lake with my brother and his family and the kids went fishing for the first time and had a great time tubing with their cousin Avery!








We spent a weekend in Chicago visiting with my best friend Marina. They just moved into a beautiful new house that they are renovating and it was so fun to see it and enjoy a weekend in their big house. We also got to spend time with Venessa and her family.

Here we are having a picnic dinner one night.




The kids played hard as usual!



The evening of my birthday we went out for ice cream and then walked briefly over (it was about 108 degrees) to the apple chairs nearby. 





We headed down to my parents lake again and this time Bob's brother Bill and his family joined us. It was nice to have my nieces Molly and Katy there for the first time.


Molly and Addison



Katy




One highlight of Addison's summer was going to the American Girl Doll store and getting her first AG doll. My Mom got it for Addison for an early birthday present. 




Addison and her doll...Allie



A highlight of my summer....getting a new Honda Pilot. We all love our new car!!!



To end off the summer I headed to Chicago again and had a quick girls weekend my best friends since grade school/high school. We had a spa day (I had to skip out early to get back for Bob's work dinner) but I had a great time with them the evening before and had fun doing some shopping too. It was just what I needed. 



The summer went by way too fast. I am going to miss our days of just going to the pool and whatever other activity we could get in this summer. I am anxious for the kids to get into the swing of things at school and hope for a great school year. 

No comments: