Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer summary!

Summer break is over and it went by way too fast!!!! We did a lot and had a lot of fun. It is good to have the kids back at school though (less togetherness and fighting...my kids aren't perfect).
 
A brief recap of the rest of our summer....
 
 
4th of July
 


We spent a weekend at the lake with friends which included hours of tubing. We had a chance to go to the lake a few more times too. These kids have turned into little daredevils on the tub!



We spent a fun afternoon one day at Laumeier Sculptural Park. Love that place! I may not totally "get" all the art but we always have fun. 


 
The kids had fun at their first week at British Soccer Camp. Lucas loved it. Addison didn't appreciate all the hard work she had to put in but hopefully I can get her to do it next summer.


 
We spent a great 5 days visiting friends in Cincinnati....a great time with my dear friends since grade school (Kris and Marina) and all our kids. We call it our SAHM week (stay at home mom). None of us are technically SAHM's (Marina and I work part time and Kris is a teacher and off during the summer)...but we are SAHM's that week!!!!
 
 
The kids and I acting silly while waiting in line for a roller coaster at Kings Island.


 
My amazing friends Becky and Venessa...and their husbands and kids all came to visit a few weeks ago. We had such a great time biking on the Katy Trail (pics below) and spent a really fun day at my parents lake house (more tubing of course). 



 
Venessa, Becky, Me....such a great day on the boat. 


 
We ended a great summer with some ice cream.
Instead of days at the pool and lots of adventures from the summer we will replace that with lots of soccer and baseball games, homework, school activities and so much more.
Time is going by way too fast....
 



 
And because BlogSpot is not perfect and it put this Cincinnati pic at the end and I am too lazy to start all over.....here is a pic with me and my 2 beautiful best friends. I love these girls so much!!!!


No comments: