Monday, June 1, 2015

The end of the school year.

A lot has been going on the past few weeks to wrap up the school year and more. A few weeks before school ended the kids and I took a weekend to get up to Chicago to visit friends. It was very bitter sweet because it was the last time we were visiting my best friend Marina in Chicago and seeing her adorable new baby Amelie. Marina and her family are moving far away to Boston. We are excited to have a new city to visit but sad that she will be so much farther away.
 
 
I couldn't get enough of Amelie. She is perfect.
 

 
 
We celebrated Mother's Day the same way we have the past 3 years...we went biking on the Katy Trail and it was another perfect day.




The last week or two of school was jam packed with field day, field trips, school picnic and more. One of my favorite events was the school's 3rd grade track meet. I was happy to help out and so happy to cheer on my girl! She got first in the 800M.


 
 
Lucas went golfing recently with Bob and some of the guys in the family.
His first big golf outing was a great experience and he can't wait to tag along again. 


 
 
And before we knew it...the school year ended. Here is a pic of the kids on their last day of school. The school year really couldn't have gone much better than it did. We just got their report cards and they did so good. Lucas had great scores (no letter grades yet) and Addison got straight A's and we could not be more proud. On to 3rd and 4th grade...


 
 
Bob and I skipped out of town right after the last day of school. We competed in our first triathlon together with some friends (Bridget and Tom). It was my first one...and it was really hard. The other 3 would probably say it wasn't bad at all but it was tough for me with my lack of swimming and biking on big hills experience but I did it and survived. 


 
We have kicked off the summer with a few trips to the pool, baseball practice/games and the other day we headed to Six Flags and spent a really great day together.



We have a lot of fun ahead of us this summer (vacation, camps, sports, lake, Taylor Swift concert, friends visiting, etc.) and we can't wait!!!!!

No comments: