Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Goodbye winter and hello spring!!!!

Winter is finally gone. I shouldn't complain too much because we didn't get much snow this winter. I think the kids only had 2 snow days unlike the 10 snow days from last year. I am just glad to be getting back outside!
 
 
Before spring arrived we went to Hidden Valley and did some night skiing with the kids. We were anxious to wear our new ski coats and get out skiing one more time. We are very anxious though to take the kids skiing in Colorado next winter...yes, we already have the trip booked!
 
 

 
The kids had spring break last week. We didn't have an opportunity to go on a trip and I had to work 2 days, but I made sure to pack in some fun for them around St. Louis.
 
On Monday we spent a great day at the zoo with my sister-in-law and Molly and Katy.
We had to break out the shorts since it was in the 80s!



My pictures got a little out of order....but a few weeks ago Addison finally scored her first basket in basketball and the girls team finished 1st place in their division. Addison LOVED playing and especially enjoyed playing on a team with her friends. She is going to take a basketball clinic this summer and is already talking about playing next year.



 
Back to spring break...
We spent one day at one of my FAVORITE places in St. Louis...the City Museum.
We had such a good time.


 
Another day we went to the movies and went to a local park. 


 
The last day of spring break was probably Lucas' favorite day. Bob took him to Lego Kidsfest. He was right in his element and had such a great time building. My mom, Addison and I went shopping and to see the new Cinderella movie (which was so good).



Next up....Lucas' baseball season is about to start (the kids are both in the middle of soccer season) and Lucas is about to turn 8. We are also hoping to remodel the kids bathroom in April and I will be sure to share some before and after pics as this remodel is REALLY needed. 

No comments: